Since 1848, the Democratic National Committee has been the home of the Democratic Party, the oldest continuing party in the United States. There are several core beliefs that tie our party together: Democrats believe that we’re greater together than we are on our own—that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, everyone does their fair share, and everyone plays by the same rules. Our party is focused on building an economy that lifts up all Americans, not just those at the top.
The Jefferson County Democratic Committee is an extension of the Pennsylvania Democratic Party and works in our county to promote Democratic policies and ensure that the concerns of our area are heard in Harrisburg and in Washington, D.C. Any Democrat in Jefferson County is welcome to attend our public meetings. We are led by an executive board, which meets monthly.
The Democratic party of Jefferson County, Pennsylvania in principle supports the National and State platforms. In addition, The Jefferson County Democratic Party recognizes that we represent the citizens of Jefferson County first and foremost. We, therefore, pledge to work on local issues that will improve the lives of all Jefferson County citizens, particularly regarding:
- Support proper funding of our public schools
- Support universal Pre-K and early childhood development
- Work to provide nutritional support for students
- Support anti-bullying programs
- Support access to adequate affordable care
- Support drug and alcohol prevention and rehabilitation centers
- Support access to mental health providers
- Prevention of abuse, whether it be sexual, physical or mental.
- Raise awareness and work for prevention of human trafficking.
Jobs and Business
- Encourage increased employment at a living wage
- Work to find new business and industry for Jefferson County
- Promote job training that provides skills for tomorrow’s workforce
Environment and Energy
- Insure clean air and water for homes, schools, and businesses
- Encourage a clean energy industry for Jefferson County
1. Strive to protect the rights of ALL citizens regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, or political preference
Pillars of PA Democrats’ plan to empower rural Pennsylvania:
We’ll rebuild rural infrastructure through a $4.5 billion investment in roads, energy, green spaces, and blight clean-up funded by a tax on natural gas drillers.
We’ll extend reliable internet to everyone, closing the opportunity gap in rural communities that lack broadband access.
We’ll raise wages for workers and teachers because one job should be enough for every person to live well.
We’ll train and grow the rural workforce by expanding technical education and apprenticeship programs like PASmart.
We’ll defend healthcare rights, workers’ rights, and voting rights from GOP attempts to undo decades of progress.
We’ll uplift farmers via the PA Farm Bill, a historic investment in agricultural capabilities, capacity, and business resources.
Interested in furthering our mission? Donate through Act Blue- click on the button!